Skills to learn:
- Invisible zippers! Total fail. I still can't do this. I didn't even try. I have SUCH a mental block about zippers. Finally learned to do this in March 2012. It is really easy, especially with the proper foot. I wish I hadn't avoided them for so long!
To knit a jumper from the bottom-upJuly 2010.
- Sew with knits I attempted 1 cardigan from Simplicity 2603 in mid-2010 but it didn't really work out.
Already-started projects to complete:
Mailorder Cross-stitch (from March 2007)January 2010 Lavender SachetsJanuary 2010 Denim shorts for Ali (cut out before Christmas)January 2010 Linen hat for Ali (cut out approx Feb 2009)January 2010
- Patchwork lap quilt No progress on this in 2010! Finished in November 2012! Finally.
- Half knitted Rowan jumper (inherited from my cousin, must finish before Ali outgrows it) Really need to finish this
- Madison dress from Burdastyle (started August 09, but stalled when I reached the invisible zipper) No, not a stitch
- Paisley caftan conversion (bought this at a silent auction in July 09 and have been unpicking and refashioning) I did a bit of work on this, but it's still not finished. I think it's going to need total re-sewing rather than just remodelling. The shoulders are way too big.
Grey cardigan for me in Bendigo Luxury (started July 2009)I finally accepted that this was going to be way too big and have frogged it. Might use the yarn for a baby blanket.
- Self-striping socks (I was given the wool in December 2006, and started knitting in April 2009). No. No progress at all. Maybe I'm just not a sock knitter? But I love wearing wool socks, so I would like to persevere.
Projects that I already have the supplies for:
Screenprint teatowelsMarch 2010
- Make birthday cards on the gocco
Reusable shopping bagsJuly 2010 Jade capelet (I already made one for my sister, but bought two balls of yarn and only need one, so I am going to make one the same for me). This ended up being a baby cardigan instead, July 2010. Placket-neck jumper for Ali (Green malabrigo)July 2010 Cable vest for Ali (Grey Bendigo cotton)
Used the yarn for a baby cardigan instead,
- . And a Milo vest.
Ishbel(2 skeins of KPPP from Purl Soho) - I made an Ishbel from some teal Alpaca instead, and the KPPP ended up being a February Baby Cardigan.
- T-shirts for me from Japanese Check and Stripe Book (this is my favourite Japanese craft book ever, ISBN 978-4-08-780485-0) No - but I still want to make these.
- Leaf pattern scarf (Manos Silk Blend from Purl Soho) - No - used this yarn for a Baby Milo instead. I decided I had enough scarves, and I don't wear beanies.
Denim dress from Japanese Check & Stripe book- YES! Finally finished in time to wear as a maternity dress.
- Socks in One Fat Slug yarn - No, no socks!
- Dress in grey and white seersucker / white broderie anglaise from Simplicity 2922 - I still haven't used this pattern. I didn't make it in 2010 because I was pregnant, so used the seersucker to make a maternity top in Sept 2010 instead. I won't be able to wear a dress like this until I finish breastfeeding Milla, so it will have to wait.
- Grey and blue striped linen top with twisted neck detail from Simplicity 2593 - No, the fabric is still lurking around. I have bad associations because it came from a dress project that didn't work out (the Heather Ross gathered sundress)
- Hat for me from the Check & Stripe book - No - and I really need a hat! I am getting sun blotches.
Projects that I do not have the supplies for but would like to make:
Linen slip cover for the Tullsta armchair(this was originally in Ali's room but is now downstairs. Momo has destroyed the blue cover). Ikea sell slip covers for $70 so I just bought one instead - decided it wasn't worth the cost of fabric and time and angst to make it myself. Covers for the dining chairs(they have white canvas covers which are incompatible with cats and children. I have been meaning to recover them since we bought them in mid-2005). Finally done in May 2010. Yay! Top in Liberty lawn from Japanese check and stripe bookMade May 2010 - not in Liberty lawn but in black dot voile.