I declare this the year of quilts!
- A queen size one (with some extra length to cover the tall husband's feet) for our bed
- a single bed quilt for Ali.
- And a single bed quilt for Milla too.
- But first of all I want to make a cot quilt for the nephew-to-be, who's due at the end of this month (January 2012). He'll be born in Colorado, and my mother-in-law is visiting in February, so that's my deadline... I'd rather send it over with her than in the post. Done!
I'm planning to have all the quilts (except the cot quilt) long arm quilted, which should help stave off procrastination.
Hopefully this will use up some of my stash of small colourful prints that aren't suitable for dressmaking... I have fabric that I bought when I was sewing more bags etc. I also have things I've been keeping aside for the quilts, like some Muji map hankerchieves and favourite bits and pieces.
Update November 2012: So much for the year of quilts! I have only made the quilt for my nephew and a doll quilt for Milla. But, in my defence, so much of the first half of the year was dominated by buying and selling and moving houses that I didn't have the time or space to start any big projects. And then I've devoted the end of the year to stash busting and garment sewing. I am still thinking about the quilts for me and Ali and Milla, and making plans, and hope to get sewing on them early in 2013.
- Captain Barnacles costume for Ali (I promised this at the end of 2011 and he is reminding me frequently so I better get on with it) Done! June 2012
- Dress with the grey floral fabric from Tessuti
- Something with the beautiful Liberty silk satin I bought in London in 2010.
- Laundry basket liner
- Basket liners for Milla's room - don't need these any more, since we don't use the change table anymore and the baskets live in the wardrobe out of sight.
- Fitted cot sheet for Milla Done - Feb 2012
- Fitted and flat sheets for Ali to take to preschool, and sheet bag. [I didn't do this, and I'm so glad I didn't - they don't have a nap after all, so he doesn't need them. ]
- Pleat front Lisette shift dress
- Kimono pyjamas for Milla to match Ali's Finally done in 2013
- Backpacks for both children (apples for Milla, Navy with Octonauts for Ali?) NO
- Winter pyjamas for both children NO
- More sewing with knits on the overlocker I made a stripey top for me, and a Hopscotch dress for M, but mostly I used the overlocker for finishing, which it is fantastic for.
- Sew from Ottobre patterns for the children, and make something from all of my Oliver + S patterns. No
- Use up my Liberty stash from Shaukat in 2010. Yes! I used some of the baby cord to make this dress for Milla. And some of the Lawn to make these dresses for Milla. I think I now just have one more piece of baby cord to use up.
- Sew a couple of Tova tops for me I made one in June, here.
- Sew a Pendrell top for me No
I have some Madelinetosh from last year - enough for 3 jumpers / cardigans for me. I would like to make at least two this year. And also a winter jumper / cardigan for both children.
I'd like to try doing some colorwork knitting too, and more cables. And I am going to make a pair of socks.