In February this year I won a giveaway from my favourite fabric shop, Tessuti - some very sweet heart-print jersey. This week I used it to make a Hopscotch dress for Milla. I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of jersey dresses, because they can look like nighties, but I know they'd be really comforable to play in, especially in the heat. And this pattern has some nice details, like the lapped yoke and gathered front, that make it look a bit smarter.
Milla likes the dress. I tried it on her to check the length before hemming it yesterday and she didn't want to take it off. And when she saw it was finished this morning she wanted to wear it straight away. She was less happy, though, about having her photo taken in it - she dived behind the sofa cushions as soon as I got the camera out.
Anyway, you get the idea. It's a nice simple dress and it fits her - I made the size 3, and she will be 2 next week. I was happy to use the fabric and try a new pattern, although I think I will get more use out of the pattern at t-shirt than dress length. The thing I was most excited about was trying a twin needle for the first time to hem the bottom of the skirt and sleeves. I read about these here and here, and it really does give such a nice finish. Up til now I've usually just put a band on all edges of the knits I make, but it's really good to have an alternative, especially for things like dresses where a band wouldn't work.
I just realised that I've sewn 5 dresses for Milla in the past two months. I think it's time I made something for the boy child.
Oh, and this is my 2nd KCWC garment, and my second stashbusting garment too. This one is 2 points - 1 for the garment and 1 for trying a new pattern.