Another long-overdue project finished. I started this bird embroidery panel as part of the Sew It Together visit to Prints Charming in April 2011. I had fun working on it, but then it got put aside... I got stuck on what to do next, and also wasn't sure what I would do with the panel when it was finished.
I ended up adding an eye, another border, and a bit more running stitch before deciding that was enough. I don't do much embroidery, but really enjoyed this - it was a great way to play with colours and experiment with some new-to-me stitches.
Once the panel was done I cut it down to size, backed it with some plain white cotton, and added some ric-rack around the edge and a zippered back made from a stripey Ikea fabric. And now it's finished and off the to-do list! I'm going to give this one to my mum.