I finished the first of the baby quilts I posted about here, and it's now in its new home.
I'm really happy with how this one turned out, especially because it was made from fabrics I had already. My favourite bit is the rounded corners and the diagonal striped binding.
The fabrics are a real mixture. The plain red is from Ikea, the striped binding and the red and white honeycomb on the front are from Remnant Warehouse, the abstract blossom tree is from Spotlight (this was perfect, as I wanted something a little bit girly but still graphic and not frou frou), the large white polka dots on red were left over from cushions my friend made for the baby's nursery. There's some natural Japanese linen in there, and also some Cloth basecloth, which I think is a hemp/cotton blend. The back is a red and white polka dot that I bought in Japan, I think at Tomato in Nippori, and some plain white.
I cross stitched the baby's name and date of birth on a piece of Aida tape and stitched that to the back. I've done this a couple of times before, on the quilts I made for Ali and Milla, and it's held up well despite being through the wash lots of times.
I use this cross stitch generator to chart the letters - it is genius.
Now to work on the other quilt tops before I lose momentum...