I never thought I would be sewing doll clothes but I have decided it is actually really fun, for the same reason that I like sewing dress ups - the fit doesn't have to be perfect, I don't worry so much about finishing or durability. And, as an added bonus, the dolls can't complain and it's a great way to use up scraps.
The Waldorf doll I made Milla for Christmas (who is now sporting the decidedly non-Waldorf name of Princess Leia) has been getting lots of attention, and so far only has the first outfit I made her, so I thought she could do with a change of clothes. Right after cutting out Milla's washi print geranium dress I made a doll dress out of the leftovers. I used another Made by Rae pattern, the free Itty Bitty baby dress and just adjusted it slightly to fit a doll - I overlapped the bodice pieces by two cms to make it narrower, and cut 2.5cm off the bottom of the bodice piece (you can see the photo below of how I adjusted the pattern piece - I left the ties the same size, so they weren't too fiddly to knot). For the skirt I used two rectangles, 15cm by 33cm. The whole thing took under an hour and pleases me way more than it should.