I bought some Liberty Lantana from eBay back in February 2012 after seeing this beautiful Tova Colette made, and always planned to make a Tova dress out of it. But we moved house last year which disrupted my sewing plans and, to be honest, I was a bit intimidated about cutting in to such nice fabric. It's a cotton wool blend with a really lovely drape and feel to it, and is perfect for cooler weather.
When I was looking around last year I could only find Lantana on eBay, but there's now a section of it on the Shaukat site.
A couple of weeks ago, before the weather warmed up, I finally got around to sewing my Tova dress. I've made this pattern twice before as a top, but this was the first time I had made it as a dress. I added 10cm to the length, and it is still quite short (above the knee on me, and I'm average height).
I really like the front of this, but the back seems too voluminous - I couldn't get a good photo, but if I wear it without a belt it hangs sack-like and bunches up. I know that it's meant to be a loose-fitting dress, but it seems a bit too much. I'm thinking of adding some darts in the back, like the ones in the Colette Laurel, but in the meantime the weather has warmed up dramatically and I'm not sure I'll wear this much before next autumn. I do love the fabric though, so if I can't get it to work as a dress I think I'll shorten it to be a tunic or top, because I know I'll wear it that way. But now it feels like time to do some spring sewing!