I loved the Tessuti Pia pattern when I first saw it - the pockets, the shape of the shoulders and the curved waist seam. I made this version up for myself at the end of March, with some chambray-looking shot cotton I had in the stash, and although it fitted well around the shoulders and bust it was just too roomy through the body - I know it's meant to be a comfortable dress, but the combination of volume and colour made it look a bit too much like hospital scrubs. I put it away, to be dealt with later - I didn't want to take it in at the back or side seam, because I had already (rashly) topstitched them. Yesterday was beautiful and sunny, and possibly the last warm day we'll have for a while, so I decided to give the dress another try. It still felt too sack-like when I put it on and I didn't have a belt that worked with it, so I made two fish-eye darts in the back. I used the ones from the Colette Laurel pattern, and they took out just enough ease - it's still loose and comfortable, but feels much smarter.
I'm so glad it worked, I have a bad habit of shelving things that don't fit properly or relegating them to "beach dresses", because I don't have the skill or experience to tweak the fit of patterns but this took very little time and made a big difference. I must add the same darts to the Tova Dress I made last winter, because it had the same fit issue.
Tessuti Pia Dress, Size XS. As well as the darts at the back, I shortened the pattern pieces by 10cm at the hem, and folded up another 6cm when hemming. I am about 5'6", and it still reaches below the kneee.
Sewn up in 2.5m of shot cotton from Spotlight (I needed more yardage because it was quilting width).