The Hanami dress I mde earlier this year has had lots of wear, but for some reason this second one sat around for a while (um... 34 weeks, Instagram tells me) after I first cut it out and sewed the bodice, but it's finished now and thankfully still fits.
I used the remnants of Anne Tyrrell Tana Lawn I had left from this Tova, and lined it with hot pink cotton to pick out the blossoms. The pop of pink under the flutter sleeves and in the flat piping I added at waist makes the grey a little bit less sombre too. The Liberty lawn is a little bit sheer, so I lined the skirt too. I made the same alteration to this as to my first Hanami - I cut the skirt in one piece, selvedge to selvedge, with the zipper extending about 10 cm into the centre back seam below the waist seam to make it easier to get on and off. I sewed the skirt on to the bodice first, then the invisible zipper, and then sewed the rest of the centre back seam below the zipper. I had a big rectangle of the Liberty left, and used every last bit of it for the skirt, with a deep hand-stitched hem. It's a bit longer than in the pattern but I like the look of it. The dark pink lining is an inch or so shorter than the outer skirt.
It's always hard to predict what will be a hit with a four year old (or maybe that's just my four year old), but this has been very popular with Milla. At the moment she's choosing it every time it's clean so even though it took me so long to finish it off, it should still get a good amount of wear.
Linking up with An at StraightGrain...