The girl child spends most of her time attempting handstands and cartwheels at the moment, so I thought a skort would be a useful addition to her back-to-preschool wardrobe. This is the Badminton Skort, size 6, and made per the pattern. I used a Washi floral with a contrast spot for the scalloped hem facing. Sometimes I am put off starting Oliver + S patterns because of all the little pieces I need to trace, but this one came together very quickly and Milla is pleased with it, especially the "secret shorts". The only change I made was to use buttonhole elastic and sew a button each side of the elastic channel at the back, so it can be adjusted. Next time I might make the skirt a little fuller, to make it even easier for cartwheeling, although if I do that I'll do away with the scalloped hem, as I'm not sure I have the patience to redraw the hem template (although I suppose I could use the skirt and facing pieces from a bigger size and just gather them on to the size 6 waistband).