My main goal this year is to make clothes for myself. I haven't bought any clothes yet this year (writing this in April) but I haven't sewn many either, so if I don't start sewing soon I know I will crack and just buy some.
I am going to try and use up stash fabric, but also treat myself to some nice yarn and fabric because I think that will make it more likely that I wear the things I make, and that I enjoy making them.
I need things that are comfortable, easy to wear, look a bit stylish and preferably don't need ironing. It's also better if I can feed the baby in them (so button front dresses, smock tops that can be lifted up, deep v-necks), although she is about to start solid food so hopefully this won't be as important in the next few months. And I need some t-shirts, as a lot of the ones I have are getting saggy and old.
- KwikSew 2965 Dolman Sleeve T-shirt. I already made a test version of this, I would like to make another striped one.
- KwikSew 3338 Scoop Neck T-shirt. I think this could be made as a vest as well (by leaving the sleeves off and binding them) which would be useful for layering under jumpers.
- T-shirts from the Check & Stripe book.
- Wiksten Tulip Skirt. I already made a denim version, and wear it a lot. I want to make a black one to wear this winter. Made a black linen version at Craft Camp in November 2011
- Wiksten Tova dress / top. I have just ordered this pattern so hopefully it will arrive by the end of April. I would like to make a plaid dress version, and a couple of tops. Made one Tova top at Craft Camp in November 2011
- Lisette Patterns. I ordered all of these. I think I'll do the button-front dress in chambray, and I'd like to make the tab-topped skirt. And the passport tunic / dress. I only sewed the Portfolio dress! The others are still on the to-do list.
- A hat. I really need a hat. I am getting sunspots.
- Finish the navy Milo Done! And it's huge, so will fit for winter 2012 too.
- Finish the Rowan Sweater of Doom I don't think this will ever be finished. I just don't like it. And beige is not Ali's colour.
- Oliver + S pullover
- With my new found knit-sewing ability I'd like to make some jersey t-shirts from Ottobre 1/2010
- A winter cardigan - maybe Cascade? She ended up with this cute cabled one in July 2011
- Knit t-shirts from Ottobre
- Puppet Show tunic and bloomers
- Clothkits Pinafore Dress Made at Craft Camp in November 2011
These are all carry over from 2010
- Lap quilt
- Burda Style Madison Dress
- Refashioned silk paisley caftan
Things for the house:
Laundry basket cover
Basket liners for Milla's change table
Change mat cover Done! Finally in about November 2011
Skills to Learn:
Knit a pair of socks
Sew with knits (Bribe: If I start sewing more knit things I will buy myself an overlocker) I got an overlocker for my Christmas / Birthday present at the end of 2011
Insert invisible zippers Finally learned to do this in March 2012. It is really easy, especially with the proper foot. I wish I hadn't avoided them for so long!